Dependence on alcohol and drugs is always accompanied by a strong impact of toxic agents on all organs. One of the most important stages in the treatment of alcoholism and drug addiction, conducted by specialists of the medical center “Aurora” in St. Petersburg, is a detoxification of the body. The procedure is carried out both in a hospital and at home, and is the most effective method of purification.
What Does Detoxification Do?
Before cleaning the body of toxins, the doctor conducts an interview with relatives to clarify what the procedure is, what effect it should expect. Detoxification of the body after alcohol or taking drugs is a complex of measures developed according to a special program that provides for the removal of components of poisonous substances from the body, restoration of normal functioning of organs and avoidance of withdrawal syndrome. The main objectives of the procedure are as follows:
- Neutralization of decomposition products of ethyl alcohol and narcotic elements, elimination of toxic substances.
- Restoration of the functioning of internal organs and nervous system, electrolyte balance.
- Strengthening of immunity.
- Normalization of material exchange.
- Replenishment of lost micro- and macronutrients.
- Restoration of emotional background.
Detoxification – the process of excretion of toxic substances from the body
The course of detoxification after alcohol and drug addiction, as well as the specificity of its conduct, depends on many factors: the severity of poisoning, the age of the patient, his general condition. Concomitant diseases are important. For example, the risk of complications with severe liver and kidney damage, cardiovascular pathologies is high. Houses do not conduct manipulation at signs of delirium. If the drinking continues for more than 10 days, treatment should be performed in a hospital, under the supervision of an expert in narcology.The orange county drug treatment is essential.
Specificity Of Detoxification In Alcoholism
The essence of the process is the elimination of poisons and the prevention of alcohol dependence; it is precisely such goals that are faced to the specialists of the narcological center “Aurora”. Register for an appointment or call a narcologist at the house, we will help get rid of the patient from withdrawal and give recommendations on treatment after drinking.
To carry out the program detox our doctors will be on a specially developed method. The detoxification course includes physical (blood purification), chemical (toxin removal) and biological (metabolic restoration) regimens with the following drugs:
- Absorbents have the ability to bind and painlessly excrete toxic agents.
- Hepatoprotectors restore the liver.
- Sedative medications soothe and improve sleep.
- Hemodialysis cleanses the blood and restores kidney function.
- Vitamin and mineral complexes fill missing elements.
- Free consultation of an expert in narcology
The appointment and combination of medicines is the task of the narcologist. The doctor combines the preparations in such a way that the dropper gives the most positive effect with the least risk of adverse reactions.