Olive oil is a natural oil that is very beneficial for our health. It is extracted from the fresh young olive fruit. We can use olive oil as our morning drink or we can use olive oil in cooking also. Here are some health benefits of olive oil that are supported by scientific research.
Rich in healthy fat
Olive oil is the natural oil extracted from olive. It is rich in omega 6, omega 3 fatty acid, oleic acid. Oleic acid is very helpful to reduce any type of inflammation in our body. Omega 6 and omega 3 keep our hearts healthy. So, no doubt it is a healthy choice for cooking.
Contains huge amounts of antioxidants
Besides beneficial fatty acids it contains good amounts of Vitamin E and K. But the most interesting thing is that olive oil is rich in powerful antioxidants. Antioxidants help to reduce any type of chronic disease and inflammation. It may lower the risk of heart disease.
Strong inflammatory properties
The anti-inflammatory properties may reduce the risk of chronic diseases like- cancer, heart disease, obesity, type 1 and type 2 diabetes, Alzheimer’s, arthritis, etc. It is suggested by research that the oleic acid and the main fatty acid help to reduce the inflammatory markers like C reactive protein.
- Reduces the risk of Strokes- Nowadays stroke is a very common cause of death. It happens due to the disturbance of blood flow to your brain or due to a blood clot or bleeding. The monounsaturated fat present in olive oil can reduce the risk of heart disease. Olive oil can prevent another heart disease also. It can improve the lining of our blood vessels and reduce the risk of blood clotting.
- Help to lose weight- Generally consuming excessive fat is the cause of gaining weight. But research shows that the antioxidants present in olive oil helps us to reduce weight.
- Reduce the risk of type 2 diabetes- It is proven that olive oil can protect us from type 2 diabetes.
- Anticancer properties- Presently cancer is one of the most common causes of death all over the world. Many researchers believe that the people who consume olive oil have a lower risk of some cancers. The antioxidant present in the olive oil damages the free radical which is considered the main cause of cancer.
- Rich in polyphenol– Polyphenol-rich olive oil is extra virgin olive oil that contains a high percentage of tyrosol, oleic acid, hydroxytyrosol, and other antioxidant properties.
Moreover, olive oil can be considered a super food for its lots of beneficial effects. It can prevent diseases like Alzheimer’s and arthritis. Though the quality of olive oil depends on some factors. But we can say that extra virgin olive oil is very good for our health. It can increase our health and food value. Olive oil is a healthy choice for our chicken. We can consume it in different ways like as a morning drink or as cooking oil or we can use it in our salad. Because it helps to enhance the taste of food. Olive oil makes our food healthy and tasty and keeps us healthy.